With over 40 years of service in Halton, we are dedicated to building strong people, strong families and strong communities.
ROCK Reach Out Centre for Kids was designated by the Ministry of Child and Youth Services (MCYS) as the child and youth mental health Lead Agency for Halton in August 2014. With programs and services that run out of 11 sites and three main offices, ROCK is committed to being inclusive, client-centred and family-centred. With over 40 years of service in Halton, we are dedicated to building strong people, strong families and strong communities.
Leading The Way
As the Ministry of Children and Youth Services (MCYS) appointed Lead Agency for the child and youth mental health sector in Halton, we are proud to collaborate with our partners to strengthen the community-based system for delivering mental health services.
MCYS envisions an Ontario in which child and youth mental health is recognized as a key determinant of overall health and well-being, and where children and youth grow to reach their full potential.
This framework calls for all government and community partners to work together to achieve the following goals:
- A child and youth mental health sector that is coordinated, collaborative and integrated at all community and government levels, creating a culture of shared responsibility.
- Children, youth and their families/caregivers have access to a flexible continuum of timely and appropriate services and supports within their own cultural, environmental and community context.
- Optimal mental health and well-being of children and youth is promoted through an enhanced understanding of, and ability to respond to, child and youth mental health needs through the provision of effective services and supports.
- A child and youth mental health sector that is accountable and well-managed.
Within each defined community, and reporting to a community-based Board of Directors, a lead agency will be responsible for the following primary functions:
- In collaboration with the local service system and the MCYS Regional Office, establish a plan for the delivery of CYMH services to be submitted to MCYS for review and approval;
- Creating clear and simple-to-use access pathways for parents and youth, as well as justice, education, and health professionals who wish to refer;
- Delivering or contracting for the range of defined core MCYS funded CYMH services, and holding subcontracted agencies accountable;
- Making those services effective and accountable to parents, youth, and children;
- Establishing and maintaining interagency and inter-sectoral partnerships, protocols and transparent pathways to care.
Working together to promote and achieve optimal mental health in kids and families.
Building Rock Solid People.
Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Collaboration, Hope
For More Information
Please feel free to contact Joanna Matthews, VP of Strategic Development